The history of Fujian Hwa Nan Women’s Voc-Tech College goes back to 1908 when US born Lydia Trimble founded Hwa Nan College of Letters and Science. After tumultuous times, the college merged with Fujian Normal College. In 1984, the alumna of the original Hwa Nan College of Letters and Science headed by Dr. Yu Boasheng founded the existing Fujian Hwa Nan Women’s Voc-Tech College. It was accredited by the Fujian Provincial Government on November 16, 1984 and became the first private women’s college in China since 1949. The original campus and buildings of Hwa Nan Women’s College of Letters and Science are now the property of Fujian Normal University. Therefore, new classroom buildings were constructed on Yan Tai Shan property overlooking the beautiful Min River. In 2005, as the number of students outgrew this campus, the Fujian Provincial government allocated 168mu (approx. 28 acres/11 hectares) in a locality called University City. The pictures shown here attest to the beauty and grandeur of the present Hwa Nan campus. With about 200 faculty and staff and 3000 students, Hwa Nan Women’s College is the only private institution in University City and is proud to be writing a new chapter in history.